"Kassala" Wilayat Kassala by yurxlnc
Wilayat Kassala Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 56 photos
Kassala is famous for its fruit .
And the inselberg of Jebel Kassala or Taka that rises from the desert floor.
It lies to the east of the Sudan and near the Eritrean border. It has a large refugee population.
The native population belong to the Beja, Beni Amer or Hadendowa tribes. The women often wear red tobes.
Camels can frequently be seen.
Tghe river Gash is a seasonal river than can cause bad flooding.
The area is known for fruit , especially mangoes.
A lot of development is taking place as seen in my latest visit. The central area of Kassala which housed government buildings and Ministries has been sold and developers are planning to replace them with high-rise buildings.
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Wilayat Kassala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kassala (2010)"
- "MAKING A REST NEAR KASSALA"
- "Hababkoom A'asharah"
- "Beautiful Kassala"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilayat Kassala
- Hotels in Wilayat Kassala
- Transportation in Wilayat Kassala
- Nightlife in Wilayat Kassala
- Restaurants in Wilayat Kassala
- Shopping in Wilayat Kassala
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilayat Kassala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilayat Kassala
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Wilayat Kassala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilayat Kassala
Photos in Wilayat KassalaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues