"Visit to Burundi" Burundi by yurxlnc
Burundi Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 1,079 photos
I had to attend a workshop in Burundi, and flew there by Ethiopian Airways. I knew little about the country , not even the kind of currency. So, it was a pleasant surprise to find how green the city is, and its situation on Lake Tanganyika added to my enjoyment. It is a very small country and the city too is small. Signs of poverty are obvious with beggars plentiful, but the place is clean with none of the plastic bags and litter associated with a high-consumer society.
Reading other people's comments about Burundi, I saw mentions of security being a problem, but there was nothing at all mentioned to warn us that security was an issue.
When approaching Burundi by air, there are amazing views of the Rift Valley and the lakes. From the air the water... more travel advice
Lake Tanganyika, is a large fresh water lake, part of the Rift Valley system. It is pleasant to stroll along at the... more travel advice
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Burundi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A country unburdened by major tourist attractions"
- "REBUILDING BURUNDI"
- "A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!"
- "small country in the heart of africa"
- "Visit to Burundi"
- "the forgotten explorers from Portugal and Spain"
- "cosmopolit's new Burundi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burundi
- Hotels in Burundi
- Transportation in Burundi
- Nightlife in Burundi
- Restaurants in Burundi
- Shopping in Burundi
- Warnings and Dangers in Burundi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burundi
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Burundi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burundi
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues