"Entebbe" Entebbe by yurxlnc
Entebbe Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 166 photos
Entebbe has a population of approximately 90,500. It is located on the shore of Lake Victoria near the capital city of Kampala.
"Entebbe", in the local Luganda language, means a "seat", probably because it was the place where a Baganda chief used to judge . It was a commercial centre in 1893 and used as a base by the British.It used to be Kampala's harbour.
The entrance to the national zoo is located near the jetty. The National Botanical Gardens are also in Entebbe.
Entebbe is perhaps best known as the home of Entebbe International Airport, the
Pleasant stay in scenic surroundings. Breakfast was eaten in the garden. Only complaint was that there was no table to... more travel advice
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Entebbe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entebbe and its surrounding area"
- "Entebbe, my gate to Uganda"
- "MORE THAN JUST THE AIRPORT"
- "Entebbe, the airport city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Entebbe
- Hotels in Entebbe
- Transportation in Entebbe
- Nightlife in Entebbe
- Restaurants in Entebbe
- Shopping in Entebbe
- Warnings and Dangers in Entebbe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Entebbe
- 3 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Entebbe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Entebbe
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues