"Going north, going east" Atbara by yurxlnc
Atbara Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 24 photos
Atbara was the centre of the Sudan Railways system, The workshops were there, as well as being the junction for the lines going north to Wadi Halfa and the Egyptian border, and east to Port Sudan.
It was also a political centre as the unions were very powerful there.
The terrain is flat with small groups of hill.
The River Atbara is the last tributary to join the Nile on its journey north to the Mediterranean Sea. Recently a new dam has been built on the Atbara River.
Although the climate is usually dry and hot, during the rainy season there can be considerable rainfall.
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Atbara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Atbara...Train Graveyard"
- "Atbara- the former railway town"
- "Going north, going east"
- "Maqsood in Atbara"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atbara
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Atbara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atbara
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues