"Bahir dar" Bahir Dar by yurxlnc
Bahir Dar Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 806 photos
Bahir Dar is 300 km from Addis Ababa on the southern shore of lake Tana.
Bahar Dar sits on the southern shore of the 3600 sq km Lake Tana. There isn;t much except a Saturday market, but there's plenty to see in the surrounding area.
Lake Tana has many islands, many of which have monasteries on them, somedating back to the 11th century, though most were built before the 16th century. .
The falls are known locally as Tis Isat. They are over 400m wide and 45m deep, but because of a series of dams near Bahir Dar, they aren't as impressive as they used to be.
Where the boat is, is where the river and the lake join. We were advised not to take a boat out there though.
- Pros:wonderful scenery
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Bahir Dar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahir Dar, Lake Tana and Blue Nile Falls"
- "THE dreamed Riviera"
- "LAKE MONASTERIES"
- "The town by the lake"
- "Bahir Dar"
- "Lovely town by the lake..."
- "Bahir Dar, Lake Tana, & the Blue Nile Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahir Dar
- Hotels in Bahir Dar
- Transportation in Bahir Dar
- Restaurants in Bahir Dar
- Shopping in Bahir Dar
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahir Dar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bahir Dar
- 1 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bahir Dar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahir Dar
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Bahir Dar hotel reviews