"Aswan" Aswan by yurxlnc
Aswan Travel Guide: 626 reviews and 2,057 photos
Aswan is a lovely town , situated on the Nile . Elephantine Island is opposite the Old Cataracts Hotel and the view of feluccas and other craft sailing up the river is so peaceful and relaxing.
Cafes were a bit harder to find along the corniche. Many did not look very good though in an ideal situation, so it was a matter of pot luck.
A trip in a felucca is a must. It is interesting to zigzag across the river up from the cataract Hotel, to the end of Elephantine Island wher ethe tombs of the nobles can be seen on the opposite bank, then down the other side, with a stop at the botanical gardens, before heading back to the strting point again.
From the hotel it can be seen that excavations are still taking place on Elephantine island.
Other sights to see are the Aswan museum which is very well arranged and modern in design, the large unfinished obelisk, Abu Simbel is not too long a flight away, Philae is quite near, and of course the ASwan Dams, old and new.
- Pros:a beautiful town
The granite quarries at Aswan have been in use since Pharaonic times. All the cladding for the small pyramid of Giza,... more travel advice
yurxlnc's Related Pages
Aswan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Aswan"
- "Aswan, Egypt"
- "Aswan - beauty by the Nile"
- "One of the Most Attractive Cities in Egypt"
- "Going with the flow of the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aswan
- Hotels in Aswan
- Transportation in Aswan
- Nightlife in Aswan
- Restaurants in Aswan
- Shopping in Aswan
- Warnings and Dangers in Aswan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aswan
- 3 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Aswan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aswan
Photos in AswanSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Uganda Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Osaka Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues