"Koh Samui - April 2011" Ko Samui by StefEverill

Ko Samui Travel Guide: 1,119 reviews and 2,467 photos

Koh Mudsum 1

Hubby and I visited Koh Samui in Thailand earlier this year, along with our good friends and their two children. Chatting (as you do!!!) with the owners of the local beach bar over a period of a week or so (Doung and Un), we were invited to go with them to visit another small island Koh Mudsum for a day of fishing, snorkelling, beer and BBQ.

Our lovely new Thai friends picked us up from our hotel at 9.00 a.m. and we drove for about 10 minutes until we reached the jetty where our long boat was waiting to take us the 15/20 minute ride to Koh Mudsum.

Koh Mudsum 2

We stopped just 5 minutes or so away from the island, so that our guys could snorkel. I have never seen so many fish in one place!!! The kids had bread in between their toes for the fish to nibble at.

We then moved on to Koh Mudsum, where we were its only inhabitants. Un, our husbands and the kids sailed off in the boat to fish; and my friend Jan and I lazed on the beach, whilst Doung and her nephew prepared the BBQ. Our protests to let us help with the food were met with disapproval?we were told ?go sunbathe!? Well we didn?t need to be told twice. And ? with bottles of Chang in our hands ? we happily lay close to the water?s edge, listening to the gentle lap of waves and catching the occasional whiff of BBQ.

Koh Mudsum 3

An hour or so later, the guys returned with their catch?which was gutted, cleaned and added to the BBQ.

Nothing much happened after that. Following a lovely, lazy, long afternoon we returned to Samui round 5.00 p.m., ?..however, it was just one of those idyllic days that you?ll never forget?..(huge sigh?.wipes a nostalgic tear away!)

I hear the island?s for sale?a mere snip at US $2,110,000!!!

• Pros:The people, the culture, the food, the sunshine, the beer
  • Cons:Leaving :(
  • In a nutshell:Belinda was right....heaven really is a place on earth!! :)
  • Last visit to Ko Samui: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Ah, hope you get there back some day, I know your feeling. Always the same, but I either don't have 2,1M :) Greetings from Finland.

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Stef, Memories are made of this!What a lovely part of the world this is.

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Ko Samui

Have you been to Ko Samui?

Latest Activity in Ko Samui