"Greetings, fellow travelers!" rkid21's Profile

As I stare blankly at the computer screen, not knowing exactly what to say, I decide to take a break from it and google the phrase, "travel quotes." I check out a few websites and quickly have a collection of interesting and refreshing quotes that seem to say what I feel about traveling. They put a smile on my face and make me, well, want to travel on!

"Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life." ~Michael Palin

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home." ~James Michener

"To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It's futile to gaze at the world through a car window." ~Albert Einstein

"Americans have always been eager for travel, that being how they got to the New World in the first place." ~Otto Friedrich

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." ~Susan Heller

"Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else." ~Lawrence Block

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey." ~Barbara Hoffman

"And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind." ~Dave Barry

"Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." ~Seneca

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~Susan Sontag

About Me

My name is Rebecca, and of course, I love to travel. I’m sure I haven’t been to nearly as many places as most other VT members, but alas, I am young and have many years to explore the world!

I am a major foodie! Food is my passion as well as my future career; however, I'm on a bit of a detour right now, as I am studying to become a registered nurse. Just like traveling, things don't always go as planned, but they usually turn out to be for the best. :-)

When traveling and exploring, I love, love, love eating local specialties. It is an experience in of itself. No matter where you are, there is always something to be eaten. I like to say that not only does everyone need to eat; everyone WANTS to eat! Now, if I could only get to my travel pages on here, I could offer some fabulous recommendations...

About the doggie in the photo

My member picture is a photo of my beloved miniature schnauzer, Mia. She is fourteen years old and such a cutie. She is lazy, yet full of personality! She likes to travel too! Road trips are her favorite. Give her a blanket and she will lie down on the seat and enjoy the ride. When she is not napping, she is right on my lap taking in the sights. Her absolute favorite foods are apples (preferably McIntosh) and roasted chicken.

• Intro Updated Oct 17, 2010

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Happy birthday! :-)

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Happy birthday! :-)

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Happy birthday! Hope you have had a lovely day! :-)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Hi Rebecca. Good to hear that things went well and you enjoyed it - we all swear at strange ovens LOL! Cheers, John.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 1:18 AM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ღ REBECCAღ ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Happy birthday to you.:-)

• ringleader's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Happy Birthday a little early, Bec! I see your many locations on your travel pages. I know there'll be more to come....

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
rkid21's Profile Photo

rkid21

“Travel on!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.