"The city I live" Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus by lelyramires
Manaus Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 843 photos
I have been living here for more or less 13 year. I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro.
Manaus is a nice town to visit, though there is much more of an eco-tourism thing going on.
You can take trips in the river and even have lunch in a floating restaurant.
You can see the meeting of the waters, which is the place where the waters of Solimoes River and Negro River meet, though they don't mix for several miles.
There is a small village 100km from manaus, named Presidente Figueiredo where you can find some great river waterfalls. It's a great plce to relax and to wash away your worries.
Other than that, i don't know what to say.
It's a good place to live, even better to visit.
The National Institute of Amazon Research (INPA - INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE PESQUISAS DA AMAZÔNIA) was created in 1995 to... more travel advice
First of all, because of the rainforest, humidity and weather changes viruses and flus spread fast and often. A flu shot... more travel advice
lelyramires' Related Pages
Manaus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worth the Trek."
- "The city I live"
- "MANAUS, Mother of the gods…"
- "The Great Mother"
- "What is happiness, my love…."
- "River City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaus
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transportation in Manaus
- Nightlife in Manaus
- Restaurants in Manaus
- Shopping in Manaus
- Warnings and Dangers in Manaus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manaus
- 9 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manaus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaus
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "RE: RE: Buenos Aires in Spring -..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Try to speak the local language"
- Wrote a Review "The Science Grove" - Amazonian Culture & Nature about Bosque da Ciencia in Manaus Things to Do
- Commented on one of Mr_Bill's Manaus travel pages
- updated a Manaus Travel Page "The city I live"
Top 5 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Caracas Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos