"The city I live" Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus by lelyramires

Manaus Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 843 photos

About Manaus

I have been living here for more or less 13 year. I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro.

Manaus is a nice town to visit, though there is much more of an eco-tourism thing going on.

You can take trips in the river and even have lunch in a floating restaurant.

You can see the meeting of the waters, which is the place where the waters of Solimoes River and Negro River meet, though they don't mix for several miles.

There is a small village 100km from manaus, named Presidente Figueiredo where you can find some great river waterfalls. It's a great plce to relax and to wash away your worries.

Other than that, i don't know what to say.
It's a good place to live, even better to visit.

• Intro Updated May 10, 2005

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Some great tips re Manaus. It's grown up a bit since my last visit - an operahouse? Wow! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 1:57 PM

wonderful intro pic of the Operahouse. Manaus has become a beautiful City again!!

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 3:11 PM

Some really nice tips on Manaus. In my trip to Brazil last April, I couldn make it to Amazonas. But hopefully some day.

• ukmagicman's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 11:04 AM

"Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun." Oh, so tnat is why us British are always walking around foreign countries the colour of lobsters. Don't like the sound of friendly fish exploring cavities. Great info on the page

• Big-Damian's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 2:06 PM

Nice photes! Brazil is on my list of places to travel. Great page, i'll be back to see more.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 2:31 PM

you have very nice photos and tips from brazil. hopefully i'll be back to my favorite country again soon.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2005 at 7:05 PM

Very interesting page! Thanks for sharing!

• oldmonk_92129's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Hi Lely, Glad to see that you have started constructing your Manaus page. I did go to Loppiano's pizza and El torro Loco. I have not been to the shopping fair that you had described. And Presidente Figuero was incredible.

Badges & Stats in Manaus