"Just Passing Through...History" San Antonio by KiKitC

San Antonio Travel Guide: 1,398 reviews and 3,239 photos

Mission Tour

We did take the time to stop at each of the missions on the tour. The restoration project at the san Jose mission was educational, the architecture at the mission Espada was enchanting.

Remember the Alamo

What would a trip to San Antonio be without a trip to the Alamo? It is such a contrast to the other missions, which are quiet and not surrounded by tall buildings.

• Last visit to San Antonio: Sep 2001
  • Intro Written Feb 20, 2005

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Going on the Mission trail is one of my fondest memories of my trip to San Antonio - you've got a great page here, nice pics & historical details!

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Very interesting guide to the Missions!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Interesting look at the old missions here with lots of history included = enjoyed the read!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Next time I go to San Antonio I will have to check out the missions. It is kind of strange to find the Alamo in the middle of those high rises.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Very well presented. The old Spanish missions are fascinating.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2006 at 3:02 PM

On a mission to the Missions! I love them and your page is great! Thank you for visiting my Moab page! Have fun there with your off-road vehicle!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 6:03 AM

Interesting page. Thanks for your nice comment and ratings on my Wroclaw page. greetings :)

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Wow, very interesting! Thanks for sharing! :) I've heard of San Antonio before but didn't know about the missions...

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 10:33 PM

Fascinating info Christine. Have known about the Alamo since I saw that movie as a youngster, but didn't know anything about these others so thanks for informing & enlightening me.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 8:45 AM

very interesting, never heard about these mission before

KiKitC

“The Road Less Traveled?...that's a highway to me...”

Badges & Stats in San Antonio

Have you been to San Antonio?

Latest Activity in San Antonio