"Along the Coast to the Winery!" Milford by KiKitC

Milford Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 22 photos

Ironically, while recovering from the accident, I watched an awful lot of cooking shows, and now my husband's been overheard bragging about his wife's cooking...

Before the accident, a bottle of wine would last years in our house. Now, I've been cooking with it and enjoying it with dinner. We had stopped at a liquor store on 206 on our way down to the pines, and picked up a bottle of NJ wine from Alba Vineyards. I was simply impressed with one of their wines, that I was compelled to drag my husband (and credit cards) northwest to the winery. We chose a route that followed the river, offering beautiful views.

A stop on a NJ Wine Trail

The Garden State Wine Growers Association has listed different "wine trails" that make for interesting day trips. Alba Vineyards is on the Northwest and Delaware Wine Trails. For more information on wonderful NJ Wines and the "wine trails" visit the Garden State Wine Growers Association

In the shopping tips, each link will take you to the specific page on Alba Vineyard's site that describe the particular wines in more detail.

• Pros:Home of "Winery of the Year"
  • Cons:say no more, say no more
  • In a nutshell:Worth the trip...have room for cases...
  • Last visit to Milford: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

You surely got into describing the fine wines from Alba's. Must taste good, huh. You have good taste

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Alba Vineyards deserves its awards and accolades it seems. Terrific job with descriptions of all their wines. We love wine; my husband drinks the reds, and I drink the whites!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Hi, Christine! Thanx for your pages! Take care!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Alba is an interesting name for wine = also the old name for my home country = you must have been clinking home after buying this amount of wine but it does sound tempting

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 4:45 AM

sorry, but I couln't tell a Bordeaux from a claret. Sure looks nice however.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 2:49 PM

I also cook with wine - and sometimes I even add it to the food!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 4:01 AM

How interesting. Lovely to read your wine reviews and I particularly loved that chicken recipe with the Chamourcin. Thanks...

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2007 at 5:06 AM

Hmmm. When I was in Milford (actually it was New Milford - are these different), with my baby daughter in tow, all I saw was a zoo. LOL

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 5:55 AM

I have to agree with you on Mapquest. They will get you lost real quick!!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 4:11 AM

As a wine lover and a shopaholic, I just loved your tips

KiKitC

“The Road Less Traveled?...that's a highway to me...”

Badges & Stats in Milford

Have you been to Milford?