"Along the Coast to the Winery!" Milford by KiKitC
Milford Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 22 photos
Ironically, while recovering from the accident, I watched an awful lot of cooking shows, and now my husband's been overheard bragging about his wife's cooking...
Before the accident, a bottle of wine would last years in our house. Now, I've been cooking with it and enjoying it with dinner. We had stopped at a liquor store on 206 on our way down to the pines, and picked up a bottle of NJ wine from Alba Vineyards. I was simply impressed with one of their wines, that I was compelled to drag my husband (and credit cards) northwest to the winery. We chose a route that followed the river, offering beautiful views.
The Garden State Wine Growers Association has listed different "wine trails" that make for interesting day trips. Alba Vineyards is on the Northwest and Delaware Wine Trails. For more information on wonderful NJ Wines and the "wine trails" visit the Garden State Wine Growers Association
In the shopping tips, each link will take you to the specific page on Alba Vineyard's site that describe the particular wines in more detail.
- Pros:Home of "Winery of the Year"
- Cons:say no more, say no more
- In a nutshell:Worth the trip...have room for cases...
The Delaware Dolce dessert wine is incredible and a must buy! It has aromas of pineapple and honey , with a sweetness... more travel advice
Made entirely from raspberries, Alba's Red Raspberry wine is a sweet, slightly tart berry flavor, with being syrupy.... more travel advice
KiKitC's Related Pages
Milford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Along the Coast to the Winery!"
- "feline01's new Milford Page"
- "Lovin Milford"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Milford
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Milford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milford
Photos in MilfordSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Hovenweep National Monument Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burlington Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leadville Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Allaire State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atsion Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Tabernacle Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos