"Laughs Heard Around the World" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Rapids by KiKitC

Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 152 photos

Clowns of America International Convention

Again, it was a convention that prompted my trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan. We were there to attend an international clown convention, where the funniest people from around the world meet to share ideas and stories. I'd have more to tell about Grand Rapids, if I hadn't driven all the way there, just to get sick at the convention. I'm not saying I got bad food at a Mexican Restaurant (obviously, Grand Rapids needs Mexicans, as finding a good place seemed hopeless) but it could also have been the sick clowns from Spain, but I spent the second day of the convention sick, sick, sick. My husband had to drive me home (not fun driving 11 hours with a queasy stomach.

• Last visit to Grand Rapids: Apr 2005
  • Intro Written May 8, 2005

• Jan 3, 2009 at 10:56 AM

There are literally dozens and dozens of great Mexican restaurants in the city. I like 7Mers on Kalamazoo. Grandville ave, Division ave, or Bridge st has tons of little Mexican places. Almost too many! La Cantina has never made me sick.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Too bad you got sick!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 3:41 AM

i wonder what the collective term is for a group of clowns ? a 'nose' perhaps

KiKitC

“The Road Less Traveled?...that's a highway to me...”

Badges & Stats in Grand Rapids

Have you been to Grand Rapids?