"What a Rush" Top 5 Page for this destination Truckee by KiKitC
Truckee Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 67 photos
We made it to California. We crossed into the mountains of California as the sun was setting, making everything glow in goldish hue. What better than to stop for dinner in an historic gold mining town? We did just that in the town of Truckee, just off I-80. This old town's history includes gambling, gold rushes and "red light districts." Yee-ha.
Today, this quaint town offers a great mountain town destination with shops, restaurants and history.
- In a nutshell:A look at Old West gold mining town
KiKitC's Related Pages
Truckee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stopping point over the Sierras"
- "What a Rush"
- "Truckee: Gateway to the Sierra Nevadas"
- "A mountain paradise!"
- "SwedishChef's new Truckee page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truckee
- Hotels in Truckee
- Transportation in Truckee
- Nightlife in Truckee
- Restaurants in Truckee
- Shopping in Truckee
- Warnings and Dangers in Truckee
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Truckee
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Truckee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truckee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Hovenweep National Monument Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burlington Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leadville Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Allaire State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atsion Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Tabernacle Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos