"3,000 miles in 3 days!" Top 5 Page for this destination Modesto by KiKitC
Modesto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 26 photos
It's always sad to see a friend go. But I really don't think they could have moved any further away then all the way across the country from us. They had three days to get to California so the kids could start school on time. One problem...three vehicles, two drivers. My husband and I drove one vehicle and they the other, and we started the 3,000 mile trek, covering at least 1,000 miles a day.
Obviously, we began in NJ, crossed Pennsylvania in its entirity, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois in one day! Yee Ha. (The cornfield was beautiful)
The next day, we crossed Iowa and Nebraska and stopped in Wyoming for the night. (Finally got out of that cornfield that started in Indiana)
After a fantastic breakfast of biscuits and gravy in Wyoming, we headed West again for the last leg of the journey. Crossing through Utah and Nevada, we finally reached California. Unfortunately, when we reached the beautiful mountains of Western Cali, the sun had already set. I'll go back again someday.
Driving across country is an incredible journey. There is just so much country to see here. It's just a shame we couldn't take any time to look around and enjoy it. 1,000 miles per day meant 14 hour driving days, and no time for sightseeing.
We left New Jersey on Friday at 7:00 am, and here we are in Modesto, California at 10:30 pm on Sunday! YeeHaw, what a ride. I-80 all the way.
Only wish we could have taken time out to see the country as we crossed it.
Mallard's offers good food for average prices. The restaurant is decorated with ducks, from etched glass to decoys. The... more travel advice
KiKitC's Related Pages
Modesto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Modesto--Where the Sixties and the Victorians meet"
- "3,000 miles in 3 days!"
- "Welcome to Modesto!"
- "CaliPrinces's Modesto Page"
- "ginjointgirl's Modesto Page"
- "Sergiuz's new Modesto Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Modesto
- Hotels in Modesto
- Transportation in Modesto
- Restaurants in Modesto
- Warnings and Dangers in Modesto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Modesto
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Modesto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Modesto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Hovenweep National Monument Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burlington Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leadville Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Allaire State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atsion Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Tabernacle Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos