"Maui Wowee - Maui Owee" Maui by KiKitC
Maui Travel Guide: 1,687 reviews and 4,683 photos
Most people would associate a ride into "heaven on Earth" as a life changing experience. For us, life has more meaning. Maui was the first stop on our 15 day, three island tour. The 2nd day of our vacation, a freak motorcyle accident drastically changed our plans, and outlook on life. (See Warnings section). But, if you had to recover anywhere, Hawaii cannot be beat.
I've been told that the islands have healing powers and is the land of "regrowth". I am now a firm believer.
A freak gust of wind tried to blow us off the side of Haleakala. We didn't go over, obviously, but that's when the angels came into play.
The first car that came by had a doctor in it. Hawaii attracts the greatest hand surgeons. The people here did everything to make me comfortable and safe. I'll never forget them.
Some sections of Maui that haven't been over developed, commercialized or populated offer some of the most intense views and memories. Some of the roads we traveled the car rental places do not want you to go to. All I've got to say is this...there are A LOT of drivers that have no business on those roads. They will get hurt. (ps we did not wreck on these roads) When the map says narrow one lane roads, they are narrow. Hairpin turns, the sharpest I've seen, steep inclines, no guardrails and very narrow. Stick to Hana if you're uneasy.
- Pros:Beautiful Views, Beautiful People, Great Hospital
- Cons:Need for the great hospital
- In a nutshell:If you cannot find spiritual peace here - you're not looking.
Yeah, sounds corny for a warning. But, the cops really enforce it. They just sit on the side of the road waving vehicles... more travel advice
There are many places on each of the islands to rent a motorcycle. We rented from Hawaiian Riders because it was so... more travel advice
KiKitC's Related Pages
Maui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Maui Page"
- "whitneyone's Maui"
- "Magnificent Maui"
- "Visiting the Valley Isle"
- "Aloha Nui Loa...Fondest Regards...Much Love"
- "Our Trip - Day by Day"
- "Visiting Hawaii's Valley Island: Maui"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maui
- Hotels in Maui
- Transportation in Maui
- Nightlife in Maui
- Restaurants in Maui
- Shopping in Maui
- Warnings and Dangers in Maui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maui
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Maui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maui
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Hovenweep National Monument Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burlington Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leadville Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Allaire State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atsion Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Tabernacle Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos