"Oahu Recovery" Oahu by KiKitC
Oahu Travel Guide: 4,403 reviews and 11,132 photos
Why Waikiki? The Kiwanis International convention was being held here this year. Waikiki is a city, with beautiful beaches, great shopping, exciting nightlife and great restaurants. I can see this being a great place for singles, students and honeymoon couples. My Oahu visit was the first stop after being released from the hospital. I hardly left our room for two days.
One of the best things about Waikiki is that you do not have to walk far for anything. There's an ABC store (general goods and gifts) on every corner. We would go down, get some iced tea and fresh cut pineapple and sit on the lanai watching the surfers and catamarans.
After a couple of days, I had enough strength (and painkillers) to venture out of the hotel for short driving trips. We took the trip around the east side, past Diamond Head and around to the North Shore. Around every curve is another spectacular view. We drove and gawked until our eyeballs hurt.
Oahu is beautiful, but the greatest drawback is simply the number of people. We visited because the convention was there. Even leaving the city behind, you are bottled in traffic, of hundreds of lookers. All of the spots popular for vacationers are easily identified by miles of parked cars on the side of the road and backed up traffic. But, stay in Aloha mode, and sit back and enjoy the views.
- Pros:The views are fantastic
- Cons:You share it with a citiful of people
- In a nutshell:Its Hawaii City.
When we headed eaterwards on H-1 and around the eastern shores, we rode for a while on the north shore, but being three... more travel advice
OK OK. Doesn't sound like much. But, once you've been to Waikiki, you know the name. And why? Not only because there is... more travel advice
KiKitC's Related Pages
Oahu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
- "Captivating Oahu"
- "Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape"
- "The Gathering Place..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oahu
- Hotels in Oahu
- Transportation in Oahu
- Nightlife in Oahu
- Restaurants in Oahu
- Shopping in Oahu
- Warnings and Dangers in Oahu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oahu
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oahu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Hovenweep National Monument Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Burlington Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leadville Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Allaire State Park Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atsion Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Tabernacle Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos