"An Autumn Weekend in Connecticut" Goshen by poortrekkers
Goshen Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
We decided to take a quick weekend foliage tour through northwestern Connecticut during that critical 2- to 3-week window when the leaves are at their most colorful.
Our base camp was a little B&B in Goshen (see our accomodation tip), and headed in all different directions from there.
The little town of Cornwall has a beautiful view of the Housatonic river, as well as some quaint antiques, arts&crafts, and furniture shops (but not cheap!).
Kent State Falls park had an enjoyable little path leading to the top of the falls--good for photographs of the foliage.
More than anything, driving through this area in fall was the thing to do. All in all a very easy-going weekend.
- Pros:Fall foliage, walking, and window shopping
- Cons:Not for those seeking thrills & excitement!
- In a nutshell:Got a free weekend in the fall? Road trip!
We spent a couple of nights at this delightful little B&B in Goshen, CT. Very highly recommended! We had the purple... more travel advice
poortrekkers' Related Pages
Goshen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Goshen
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Goshen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goshen
Top 10 Pages
- Mérida 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Drakensberg 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Parys Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Valladolid 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Santa Elena 1 review, 10 photos
- Providence Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Celestùn 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Piano Grande Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Spello Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Massa Martana Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.