"Parys: The Jewel of the Vaal!" Parys by poortrekkers
Parys Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
We found a surprising little B&B/camp tucked away beside the sleepy little town of Parys.
Situated in the Northwest province and just a stone's throw south of Johannesburg, we found the beautiful Vaal region on our way to Clarens (which is further south near the Golden Gate Park).
With hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and canoeing, it has a lot to offer for the rugged outdoorsman, the pleasure-seeker, or the casual visitor (see our activity tips). We also found excellent accomodation (see our accommodation tips).
If you're heading south to Clarens, Lesotho, or the Drakensburg, or west to Potchefsroom or Bloemfontein, spend a night here in rural South Africa!
- Pros:Lots of activities, and a good stop-over place
- Cons:A little off-the-beaten path, but well worth a day or two
- In a nutshell:If you have time to spare, take a detour through this region
We stayed in this African Bush camp on our second visit to South Africa--wow! Beautiful thatched huts, an open communal... more travel advice
We're not fishermen, but if you're gaga about flyfishing, the islands and channels of the Vaal river valley apparently... more travel advice
poortrekkers' Related Pages
Parys Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Parys
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Parys?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parys
Photos in ParysSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Mérida 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Drakensberg 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Parys Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Valladolid 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Santa Elena 1 review, 10 photos
- Providence Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Celestùn 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Piano Grande Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Spello Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Massa Martana Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.