"Home" Rancho Palos Verdes by flynboxes
Rancho Palos Verdes Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 86 photos
Rancho Palos Verdes is my home. Lived here most of my life. If you are flying in to LAX it is the hill if you are looking out the left side of the plane.
It's a bit removed from the flash of Hollywood. In my mind it is a place to escape. "The Hill" as we sometimes call it is composed of the following cities: Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates and a small strip that is part LA City/County. Both PV Estates and RPV face the ocean with the gated community of Rolling Hills straddling the the top of the Peninsula. It is considered a bedroom community since people tend to spend a bit of time in their houses...only a handful of bars up here so not much of an evening destination.
- Pros:Quiet and rural
- Cons:Not exactly a party town like Hermosa or Manhattan Beach
With the exception of Abalone Cove...most of these beaches are sans life guards so if you are not a competent swimmer-... more travel advice
First of all this place is technically in Torrance but it backs up to Palos Verdes if you are headed up Hawthorne Blvd.... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Rancho Palos Verdes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palos Verdes"
- "Great spot for Birthdays and Weddings!"
- "The Californian Dream"
- "Rancho Palos Verdes"
- "Now This is Living!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rancho Palos Verdes
- Hotels in Rancho Palos Verdes
- Restaurants in Rancho Palos Verdes
- Warnings and Dangers in Rancho Palos Verdes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rancho Palos Verdes
- 11 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Rancho Palos Verdes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rancho Palos Verdes
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos