"The East Coast version of Oahu" Aruba by flynboxes
Aruba Travel Guide: 859 reviews and 2,177 photos
Aruba is to folks from NY/NJ and other east coast cities what Oahu and Baja Mexico are to us left coasters in the US or Costa Del Sol to your Brits. First I chose the place due to the 15 min flights to Coro in Venezeula which I thought would make for a neat side trip..couple of days prior to the flight I changed my mind and decided to go island hoping and use Aruba as my arrival/departure point to the islands due to the cheap inter island flights
(Cheap exclusive of the $32 USD airport tax). The island for the most part is flat, safe, mosquito free, and full of friendly folks on vacation from the East Coast of the US....oddly enough meeting some of these folks is probably the most memorable part of my short stay on the island.
Like those two words??? The Aruba is the place for you. It's a doable nonstop flight from JFK or EWR for most and you don't have to worry much about DVT...Also it is a safe place for the kids...your biggest risk here is getting hit by a car when crossing the few roads on the island.
The thing I don't like about those words is that they usually = high travel costs. There are no $30 beach front rooms here or $3 dinners unless you have a coupon for free tacos at Taco Bell. I did find a few relative deals her and will post them as tips but they tend to be few and far between since just about everything except for great weather (Aruba is below the hurricane belt) and warm water...everything is either flown or boated in so be prepared to spend some dough.....
- Pros:Great people, warm water and great people
- Cons:Bit on the expensive side
- In a nutshell:Gotta pay to play here.
The one thing I did not like about Aruba is the US chain restaruants are well represented here along with the inflated... more travel advice
Want to visit Aruba and don't have a yacht to get you there from S. Florida? Then you get to fly from the East Coast of... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 17 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: Hotel near the Sheraton..."
- Wrote a Review Food is not cheap here like in VZ or Colombia in Aruba Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Food is not cheap here like in VZ or Colombia"
- created a Aruba Travel Page "The East Coast version of Oahu"
- Commented on one of DAO's Aruba travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos