Bandiagara Favorite Tips by flynboxes
Bandiagara Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Little bugger can hurt a bit
Favorite thing: Dogon is not a dangerous place....but you do have to watch out for a few things like the millipede below. Medical care in Dogon Country is sparce at best and most options involve hiring a car at the last minute to get you to Bankass or Bandiagara...and in Africa a tourist in a rush = $$$$$$ to the locals.
Fondest memory: Not getting stung by anything...just kidding...but not by much
A quick drink while on the plateau.
Favorite thing: In the dry season it can get warm out here. While it stayed in the 90-100F degree range while I was here and was not bothered by it I did manage to dehyrate myself one day. The dry air and occasional breeze caught me off guard. If you stay on the trails you are usually never more than a few miles from the next village so you can buy it as you go....just remember to drink the stuff. The locals may be used to it and not appear to be drinking much... they drink enough and may load up while you are not watching. I would stay away from the sodas until the end of the day as they may give you a bit of a sugar kick but can burn you out early if you drink them during lunch as still have further to go.
More Reviews (9)
flynboxes' Related Pages
Bandiagara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dogon Country Adventure"
- "FALAISE DU BANDIAGARA"
- "Dogon Treking"
- "Starting point of Dogon Trip"
- "Capital of Dogon Country"
- "Dogon Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandiagara
- Hotels in Bandiagara
- Transportation in Bandiagara
- Restaurants in Bandiagara
- Shopping in Bandiagara
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandiagara
- See All...
Explore the World
- The Gambia
- Sandy Point State Park Hotels
- Michiana Shores Hotels
- Likupang Hotels
- Palm Springs
- Raiwala Hotels
- La Playa de Mogán
Badges & Stats in Bandiagara
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bandiagara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandiagara
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos