"Dogon Treking" Bandiagara by flynboxes
Bandiagara Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
If you decide to go hiking in Dogon Country..chances are this is where it will start. The pic below is from one of the starter villages you will probably visit prior to heading out onto the plateau. Forget the name of this village but it tends to be a must see as it is where the local boys are circumcised during the village ritual. (not my idea of fun and kinda reminds me of a house of pain.
There is not a whole lot to do in the village except rest, shower and stock up on some supplies as there are to pharmacies here as getting things once you are treking can be problematic.
- Pros:A decent rest stop
- Cons:There is not much here outside of the market
- In a nutshell:You'll see for yourself
This was probably the most Westernized place I stayed at in Dogon Country. It has sit down type toilets and real showers... more travel advice
Thanks to cheap Japanese/Chinese imports, the world has gotten a bit smaller for some Africans. At most came site you... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Bandiagara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dogon Country Adventure"
- "FALAISE DU BANDIAGARA"
- "Dogon Treking"
- "Starting point of Dogon Trip"
- "Capital of Dogon Country"
- "Dogon Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandiagara
- Hotels in Bandiagara
- Transportation in Bandiagara
- Restaurants in Bandiagara
- Shopping in Bandiagara
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandiagara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandiagara
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bandiagara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandiagara
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos