"Mali Crossroads" Top 5 Page for this destination Mopti by flynboxes
Mopti Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 109 photos
Mopti is more or less right in the middle of things here. It is a starting point for everything from a Timbuktu trek to a Dogon adventure. While it may not rank high in terms of friendliness in the guide books it is an interesting place to spend a day or two as it serves as the main port of departure for the Niger river traffic.
- Pros:Hub of the Niger
- Cons:Touts galore
- In a nutshell:Relax and walk a bit here
Silt or sand there are a few small islands that you can visit during a cruise or just catch a pinase over to from Mopti.... more travel advice
The Niger is the main artery in Mali. Most commerce travels along it. If you are not going up to Timbuktu on it you can... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Mopti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mopti: Love it or hate it..."
- "Crossroads of Mali"
- "Mali Crossroads"
- "Good Luck"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mopti
- Hotels in Mopti
- Transportation in Mopti
- Restaurants in Mopti
- Warnings and Dangers in Mopti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mopti
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Mopti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mopti
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Narita Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos