"Start of the Northern route" Bahir Dar by flynboxes
Bahir Dar Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 810 photos
I think I met this guy in the Monastery of Kebran Gabriel...wish I has spent more time chatting with him since I got a deep vibe from him....probably knew the last time I went to church. Anyway Lake Tana is the largest lake in Ethiopia and a great place to start your trip up North.
- Cons:A few minor scams around the lake
- In a nutshell:A great start to a trip up North
Lake Tana is fairly large. Just being on the lake boating between islands will present you with a bounty of sights. more travel advice
The holy men on the monasteries are vegetarians and for protein will eat a local bean that they dry out. Kind of... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Bahir Dar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahir Dar, Lake Tana and Blue Nile Falls"
- "THE dreamed Riviera"
- "LAKE MONASTERIES"
- "The town by the lake"
- "Bahir Dar"
- "Lovely town by the lake..."
- "Bahir Dar, Lake Tana, & the Blue Nile Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahir Dar
- Hotels in Bahir Dar
- Transportation in Bahir Dar
- Restaurants in Bahir Dar
- Shopping in Bahir Dar
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahir Dar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bahir Dar
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bahir Dar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahir Dar
Photos in Bahir DarSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos
Latest Bahir Dar hotel reviews