"Muslim Ethiopia" Harer by flynboxes
Harer Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 642 photos
How could I pass this place up. Yes, I'm not very religious but I do tend to like Muslims...they tend to be good honest folks. It is a great place to wander around in with something like 360+ alleyways to walk down and what seems like a mosque around every corner. This is a place where everyone gets along. You will see Mosques next to Churches etc. I was only here for a day or so but enjoyed every minute of it.
- Pros:A colorful old city
- Cons:The ususal begging
- In a nutshell:An Ethiopia must see
You can go into some of the local Adare houses here since they sell local baskets made from natural dyes and other... more travel advice
You can easily spend a half or full day wandering around the city. It's not big enough to get lost in but it is a bit of... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Harer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where is Mr Rimbaud's house?"
- "HANDS ON HARER"
- "Muslim Ethiopia"
- "HARAR - HOLY MUSLIM CITY IN ETHIOPIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harer
- Hotels in Harer
- Transportation in Harer
- Restaurants in Harer
- Shopping in Harer
- Warnings and Dangers in Harer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harer
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Harer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harer
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos