"Gateway to the Hadramawt (sort of)" Sif by flynboxes
Sif Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 39 photos
Sif is one of many towns/villlages. This is also the area/ancestral home of America's most famous family the Bin Ladens. To me it was like the Grand Canyon with perks so to speak. Most of the structures are earthen colors while others can be quite elaborate. There are approx 6-7 major villages in the Wadi Dawan area which you will probably driver thru if entering from Mukalla as I did. Do really see the place and get a true feel for it plan at least a day as meals can be purchased in the towns.
A little Saudi money go a long ways here. This was supposedly be converted to a hotel if IRC. Looked like a big popsicle in the desert to me.
- Pros:Much to see
- Cons:Can get hot and windy at times
- In a nutshell:A great entry point to the Hadramawt
This whole place is sort of off the beaten path. This place kind of reminded me of the North. It was a bit cooler up... more travel advice
Since it was prayer time for my driver I did some exploring on my own thru some of the villages. Sorry that I don't... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Sif Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to the Hadramawt (sort of)"
- "Wadi Hadramawt and the Eastern Desert"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sif
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Sif?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sif
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos