"A Real Oasis" Palmyra by flynboxes
Palmyra Travel Guide: 237 reviews and 767 photos
After traveling a few hours through the baren desert past camel herds and buses broken down a long the side of the road with people milling about you enter a field of green. They say one of the greatest things here is to climb to the top of the citadel and watch the sunset over the acient city. One my chance it was a bit cloudy but no less impressive. Just trying to imagine what the city was like when it a glorious Roman trading center in the middle of the desert. While much of it has been flattened thanks to earthquakes and age anyone with a little imagination should feel it's greatness.
This is probably one of the more restored temples. Much work was done by the French like most historic parts of Syria... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Palmyra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the Great Cities of the Ancient World"
- "tadmor, please - the city of dates"
- "Palmyra - Bride of the Desert"
- "Palmyra - ÊÏãÑ (Tadmor)"
- "TADMOR - PALMYRA"
- "Palmyra in the desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palmyra
- Hotels in Palmyra
- Transportation in Palmyra
- Nightlife in Palmyra
- Restaurants in Palmyra
- Shopping in Palmyra
- Warnings and Dangers in Palmyra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Palmyra
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Palmyra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmyra
Photos in PalmyraSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos