"Oman's Second City" Top 5 Page for this destination Nizwa by flynboxes
Nizwa Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 85 photos
Nizwa is roughly a tour hour drive from Muscat and makes for an easy two day trip or if you have a car and don't mind getting up early you can make a day trip of it. The main highlight is Nizwa Fort which can be seen in around an hour...like other forts in Oman it is a bit lacking inside.
the Souq is by far the higlight of Nizwa in my opinion. It is right next to Nizwa Fort so both can be seen in one day.
- Pros:A great day trip
- Cons:The fort is a bit lacking in content
- In a nutshell:A great day trip from Muscat
If you have a good driver or the money to hire an actual guide/tour you will probably see this place. Sorry I lost my... more travel advice
Nothing too wild like any machine guns but there are a few that might interest someone that is into hunting rifles. more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Nizwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nizwa - The Former Capital of Oman"
- "Oman's Second City"
- "Jamal and Jamilla Camel visit Nizwa Fort and Souk"
- "Ex Capital in search of new identity"
- "Nizwa and the People of Nizwa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nizwa
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Nizwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nizwa
Photos in NizwaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Narita Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos