Yerevan Things to Do Tips by flynboxes
Yerevan Things to Do: 83 reviews and 183 photos
a quick coffee break on the road to Tbilisi
LP says to take the train to Tbilisi from Yervan. It runs during the night at a snails pace and the locals even try and avoid it. The mini bus ride I took was amazing at least for the last 2 hours. The road through the green mountains following the river is one of the best road trips I have been on. The only thing that would beat it is if the train ran during the day. The road hugs the mountain side passing through tunnels and chasing the river so to speak. If you can ask the mini bus driver for a seat in the front and give him a couple of extra bucks and he might make a few quick stops so you can get some great photos if you ask him to.
The Lonely Plant book is a bit dated. Check out the local Armenia Info office when you get into town. They are great and will help you with anything. They even have a few computers to access the internet from for a small fee. They can help you find a bed or tour if need be.
Address: 3 Nalbandyan St.
Directions: 1-2 min walk from Republic Square
Phone: 54 23 03/06
Go to the Opera House and see a show. I was not here long enough to do so but wish I had. It's a great way to experience local culture and mix with the locals. It's more or less near the middle of the city and has a small park next to it if you want to sit and relax while checking out the city.
Address: Tumanian St. and Mashtots Ave
Directions: This is a good place to base your explorations of the city from due to it's central location.
More Reviews (12)
flynboxes' Related Pages
Yerevan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YEREVAN - The 2800 Year-Old City"
- "GET HERE BY VAN !"
- "Yerevan, the 13th capital city of Armenia"
- "Modern Yerevan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yerevan
- Hotels in Yerevan
- Transportation in Yerevan
- Nightlife in Yerevan
- Restaurants in Yerevan
- Shopping in Yerevan
- Warnings and Dangers in Yerevan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yerevan
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Yerevan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yerevan
Photos in YerevanSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos