"Bogota?" Bogotá by flynboxes
Bogotá Travel Guide: 663 reviews and 1,551 photos
When I first decided to head down here, my plan was to get off the plane and stay a day or two in Bogota prior to heading down to Cartagena. Well after the weather forced us to land in Cali and sit there for a few hours on my way down, when we did make it into Bogota 4 hours after the scheduled arrival I decided to change plans and try and catch a flight down to Cartagena and warm up at the beach. So I ended up making a visit to this city in the clouds on my way back. At first I was not to excited about stayed here after the warm beaches of Cartagena and and surrounds. In the end I was glad I did stop.
While Bogota is a large city with a slightly European feel due to the density/style of the housing there are still places to go for a casual stroll.
This place is not exempt. If you arrive during the day and head into town, chances are that you will get to experience the traffic and a bit of the smog..not a reason my an means not to go but it is here. One great thing about the airport is if you go to the kiosk or cab window you will not get ripped off on your first cab ride in the city....this is something I can appreciate.
- Pros:A great change of pace
- Cons:I thought only LA had smog
- In a nutshell:How high is this place?
A good way to spend the day in Bogota is to wander around here for the day. It is small enough to see in half a day... more travel advice
flynboxes' Related Pages
Bogotá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bogota Revealed"
- "The Heart of Colombia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogotá
- Hotels in Bogotá
- Transportation in Bogotá
- Nightlife in Bogotá
- Restaurants in Bogotá
- Shopping in Bogotá
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogotá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogotá
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bogotá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogotá
Top 10 Pages
- Cuzco Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Two Harbors Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos
- Khartoum Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Timbuktu Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Suakin Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harer Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 27 photos