"Bogota?" Bogotá by flynboxes

Bogotá Travel Guide: 664 reviews and 1,551 photos

Hmmm????

When I first decided to head down here, my plan was to get off the plane and stay a day or two in Bogota prior to heading down to Cartagena. Well after the weather forced us to land in Cali and sit there for a few hours on my way down, when we did make it into Bogota 4 hours after the scheduled arrival I decided to change plans and try and catch a flight down to Cartagena and warm up at the beach. So I ended up making a visit to this city in the clouds on my way back. At first I was not to excited about stayed here after the warm beaches of Cartagena and and surrounds. In the end I was glad I did stop.

A pedestrian zone?

While Bogota is a large city with a slightly European feel due to the density/style of the housing there are still places to go for a casual stroll.

Big city woes

This place is not exempt. If you arrive during the day and head into town, chances are that you will get to experience the traffic and a bit of the smog..not a reason my an means not to go but it is here. One great thing about the airport is if you go to the kiosk or cab window you will not get ripped off on your first cab ride in the city....this is something I can appreciate.

• Pros:A great change of pace
  • Cons:I thought only LA had smog
  • In a nutshell:How high is this place?
  • Last visit to Bogotá: Dec 2008
  • Intro Written Jan 3, 2009

Comments

flynboxes

“There are too many Americans in Antigua..heard from an Austrian girl in Hawaii Park, Guatemala”

Badges & Stats in Bogotá