"Jacmel" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel by haitiangirl
Jacmel Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 64 photos
Jacmel is a small city, rather peaceful compared to Port-au-Prince.
The last time I was there was on may 1st, it's it's labor day and also a religous holiday at Jacmel. Many people come from other areas of the country, even form abroad and most of them head for the beach.
The good thing about Jacmel is that the main roads are in rather good condition. You can drive smoothly from downtown to the neareast beaches. Jacmel is also well-known for it's carnival, actually they have two carnivals, the first one on the week before the carnival, it's called "Carnaval national" (national carnival) and the second one is mostly for locals, it is held at the same time in the rest of the country.
Raymond les bains is a beach not far away from the city. On may 1st it is overcrowded, actually most people stay on the... more travel advice
A wide selection of fruits can be bought on the road. Depending of the season you will find tangerines, oranges, bananas... more travel advice
haitiangirl's Related Pages
Jacmel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jacmel- The potential of Haiti"
- "AngelGabriel's new Jacmel Page"
- "Jacmel, beaches and paintings . . ."
- "2 Weeks in Jacmel, Haiti"
- "Medical missions to Haiti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacmel
- Hotels in Jacmel
- Transportation in Jacmel
- Nightlife in Jacmel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacmel
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jacmel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacmel
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacmel Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haiti Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Madison Intro, 1 review, 2 photos