"Santa Cruz - A day at the sea" Santa Cruz by gubbi1

Santa Cruz Travel Guide: 285 reviews and 637 photos

To avoid the high temperatures in the inland I decided today to head down to Santa Cruz for a day at the seaside.
Planned was a visit a the lighthouse park with its surfmuseum inside the lighthouse and also to spent some time along the coast. As I already knew about the Natural Bridges State Park, I hoped to see this aswell, but didn't expect to managed it by foot from the lighthouse.
I was amazed by the beauty of the cliffs and ocean, and also by those different animals I saw. Even an otter showed up in the ocean chewing something it catched before.

Here are some useful links for your time in Santa Cruz:
City of Santa Cruz
Lighthouse Field Park
Natural Bridges State Park
Boardwalk at beach

On the photo you can see the Boardwalk at night. I took this photo another evening after returning to hotel and being bored. So I grabbed my camera and started for a short trip to Santa Cruz.

This is a natural bridge, but not the one at the Natural Bridges State Park. You can find this inbetween the Lighthouse Field Park and the Natural Bridges Park. It is not very far between these two parks, so I recommend to park your car at one of these two parks and have a walk along the seadide. It will be a great time! Enjoy the view on the sea!

If you are lucky you can spot an otter. This one was hanging around in the water somewhere and eating. At first I thought it was someone swimming there as surfers were just a couple of meters away, but then I realized it was an otter. In one of the travelogues I have some animal pictures...

• Pros:Good for a great day at the sea!
  • In a nutshell:Absolutely relaxing!
  • Last visit to Santa Cruz: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2007

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz

Have you been to Santa Cruz?

Latest Activity in Santa Cruz