"Tombstone - A deadly town" Tombstone by gubbi1
Tombstone Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 711 photos
Tombstone is am interesting town close to the Mexican border. It has well preserved houses from its mining time. Famous became Tombstone by the violence which frequent its streets. The shooting at the OK Corral was even subject for a film made in 1957. The fight in which Wyatt Earp and outlaw Doc Holliday played an imprtant role. It is said that this day was the bloodiest in that region. Followed up to this film more films were made about this town (picture above).
Nowadays it is certainly much more peaceful, but you will be reminded about the dark past of Tombstone wherever you go in the town.
Have a look at the boothill, the cemetary, where you can see who is burried there and how he or she died. Hmm, looks that almost a minority has died by natural causes.
Also you should have a look at the Court House, which nowadays functions as a museum. There you will get to know a lot of the history of Tombstone and the region, but of course also a detailed research about the gunfight. It is highly recommended!
And, this clear, just walk around in the streets and get this flair of the lively (or deadly) wild west. Here and there people are walking around in clothes from the past. It makes the whole scenery quite authentic.
- Pros:Interesting town
- Cons:Not many choices to find food.
- In a nutshell:An experience!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Tombstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Legend of American Old West"
- "Tombstone, Arizona: When the West was Wild"
- "Tombstone - Part History, Part Kitsch"
- "Jumping Around Tombstone!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tombstone
- Hotels in Tombstone
- Transportation in Tombstone
- Nightlife in Tombstone
- Restaurants in Tombstone
- Shopping in Tombstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Tombstone
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tombstone
- 0 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tombstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tombstone
Photos in TombstoneSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues