"The Biosphere 2 --- A human controlled eco system" Oracle by gubbi1
Oracle Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 61 photos
Since I was a child I was interested in everything concerning science and nature, so I did not overlook that there was some experiment going on in the States where a group of people were locked in a huge glasshouse with an own ecosystem. The experiment was going on for two years and they aimed to see the different effects of life on this ecosystem to be able to make some prediction for our effect on the global ecosystem.
Coming to Tucson I picked up some flyer telling what to do in the area and I realized that Biosphere 2 was located very close to the town. It was immediately clear that this place had to be seen.
Nowadays this facility is still used for research, but it is not sealed totally as it was during these two years in the past. It is possible for Visitors to get inside on a guided tour. I can recommend this tour as you will see how much technic is behind this huge place and also it makes you think about the world outside.
During my tour they were doing some experiment to research on a certain illness of trees, related to some environmental issues. With the Biosphere 2 facility they could simulate the environment by changing different parameters like gas concentration of the air. It is really interesting.
The tour through Biosphere 2 includes a wak through the glass houses with their different climate zones, a view on the technical aspects which are neccessary to keep the place alive and then an unguided time around the facility where you can have a look at an exhibition and look through the glass walls.
For more details look at the webpage of Biosphere 2.
- Pros:Very interesting place!
- In a nutshell:A must-have-seen!
Like everywhere also here in the outside of Biosphere2 there are rattle snakes. We were warned by the guide and I just... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Oracle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Oracle Page"
- "Jumping Around the BIOSPHERE in Oracle!"
- "The Biosphere 2 --- A human controlled eco system"
- "Geoffs New Oracle Page"
- "What a nice surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oracle
- Hotels in Oracle
- Restaurants in Oracle
- Warnings and Dangers in Oracle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oracle
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Oracle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oracle
Photos in OracleSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues