"Oberstdorf, surrounded by mountains." Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf by gubbi1
Oberstdorf Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 238 photos
Here I will introduce you to the beautiful town of Oberstdorf, which is a perfect place to start exploring the Alps. In winter there are lots of possibilities to go skiing, in summer you can hike...
Check out the travelogue of the Breitachklamm, a canyon close to Oberstdorf, which is worth to visit in summer as well as in winter.
More Information you can find on the official webpage of Oberstdorf, which contains a broad view on touristical aspects of the town:
Main page of Oberstdorf
--> remarkable subpage on ecological thinking in Oberstdorf
--> subpage with hiking tips around Oberstdorf
On the picture you can see me above the old Skijump Arena, which is already rebuilt, because we had the Nordic Ski World-Championship here in Oberstdorf. In the background behind me you can see the citycenter of Oberstdorf.
In the middle you can see the church of Oberstdorf.
The old Skijump Arena of Oberstdorf, which was teared down and newly built for the Nordic Ski Worldchamps in early 2005.
- Pros:Beautiful nature!
- Cons:lots of car traffic on weekends towards the town
- In a nutshell:Go hiking there!!!
For me hiking needs a destination, preferable a place to sit and with available drinks like soda, beer or local milk.... more travel advice
Looking for impressions of your next hiking tour? Looking for inspiration? Then you can have a look at the following... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Oberstdorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oberstdorf, surrounded by mountains."
- "Oberstdorf - surrounded by mountains you can't see"
- "Hiking as an adventure"
- "Nebelhorn's top and roundtrip Rubi"
- "Oberstdorf, more than a ski resort"
- "Breitachklamm in winter - A fairytale of ice"
- "An excursion to Oberstdorf and the Breitach gorge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberstdorf
- Hotels in Oberstdorf
- Transportation in Oberstdorf
- Restaurants in Oberstdorf
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberstdorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberstdorf
- 16 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Oberstdorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberstdorf
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues