Alcoutim Things to Do Tips by gubbi1
Alcoutim Things to Do: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Sanlucar de Guardiana, Alcoutim, PT
In Alcoutim it is very easy to greet Spain. The houses on the other side of the river are already spanish! The town is called Sanlucar de Guardiana. I don't know if there is a possibility to cross the border here by boat, but the other town also looks interesting with the castle and the windmills.
Edit: The walkable city guide downloadable via the Camara Municipal is refering to a boat by which it is possible to get to the other side. For the guide, check my tip.
Castle, Alcoutim, PT
In case you have seen the Menhir do Lavajo before (see other tip) or you are planning to drive there afterwords, I recommend you to visit the museum in the castelo. Here you will find the other menhir which was brought here from the Lavajo site. There is a reference to it on the information plate at the Menhir do Lavajo I outside town.
Otherwise the castle is more like a park, less then a fortress, but with the museum worth to be visited when being around.
Let me know if the weblink does not work anymore!
Directions: You can't miss the castle.
More Reviews (3)
gubbi1's Related Pages
Alcoutim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bem-vindo em Alcoutim"
- "Alcoutim - Menhirs, castle and river"
- "By the Guadiana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcoutim
- Hotels in Alcoutim
- Transportation in Alcoutim
- Restaurants in Alcoutim
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alcoutim
- 5 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Alcoutim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcoutim
Photos in AlcoutimSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues