"Walking up the castle" Aljezur by gubbi1
Aljezur Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
On my trip around southern Portugal I stayed 2 nights close to Lagos. From there I made a small trip to Sagres and along the west coast up to Aljezur. My plan was to check out the castelo (I am very fond of portuguese castles). So I parked my car in town and started to walk up the hill.
The castle in Aljezur is well documented for the tourist and gives a great insight of the way how people lived in the region during the hightime of the fortress. Beside military purpose also civil life was blooming inside the walls with trade routes on the local river to other places in the region.
Some of the rooms were used to store wheat and other grains.
This is the view to the church of Aljezur.
- Pros:Nice signed castle ruins
As in most of the villages that I came through also here you will have the chance to see storcs circling above you in... more travel advice
A good way to get to the castle (if you are good on foot) is to park on the parking down at the main road leading... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Aljezur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aljezur - the west coast of Algarve"
- "Walking up the castle"
- "Lovely Village"
- "Praia da Arrifana, Aljezur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aljezur
- Hotels in Aljezur
- Transportation in Aljezur
- Restaurants in Aljezur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aljezur
- 5 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Aljezur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aljezur
Photos in AljezurSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues