"Castelo de Vide - beautiful town" Castelo de Vide by gubbi1
Castelo de Vide Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 87 photos
Castelo de Vide is a very beautiful charming mountain town in the National Park Serra de São Mamede. In town you will find several churches of which the Igreja de Santa Maria da Devesa surely dominates the look of the town. After almost 100 years of construction, the church was finished in 1873. Not only christan places of worship are a part of Castelo de Vide. A large Jewish Quarter in town, which is realy cosy and invites for a great stroll, hosts the Jewish Museum with a synagogue. I found it to be really interesting. For sure you will not miss the Castelo from which you have excellent views into the region.
I am sure you will enjoy to stroll through the narrow streets inbetween the white painted buildings.
On the opposite side of a valley close to my hotel I could see a chapel located on a rock. I really wanted to see the place and managed to find it. It is the Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Penha, located beautifully on a rock giving the perfect view onto Castelo de Vide. You should not miss to come here.
There are several fountains in the town of which this one is the Fonte da Vila. It has been declared to be an object of public interest in 1953. People think that the analysis of the structure of the Jewish Quarter shows that this part of town has developed around this source of water.
- Pros:Nice lively town, lot of picturesque places
Inside of the castelo you will find the Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Alegria. The church originates from the 17th century.... more travel advice
As the namegiver to this town the castelo should of course also be on the list of things to see here in the beautiful... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Castelo de Vide Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jewish heritage town of Portugal"
- "Castelo de Vide - beautiful town"
- "Castelo de Vide"
- "Castelo de Vide"
- "Casa do Pasto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Castelo de Vide
- Hotels in Castelo de Vide
- Transportation in Castelo de Vide
- Restaurants in Castelo de Vide
- Warnings and Dangers in Castelo de Vide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castelo de Vide
- 8 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Castelo de Vide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castelo de Vide
Photos in Castelo de VideSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Latest Castelo de Vide hotel reviews
- Sol E Serra
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013