"Stunning landscape, animals ... real nature!" Cavaleiro by gubbi1
Cavaleiro Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 50 photos
Visiting Cavaleiro I has a fantastic stop at the Cabo Sardão. It is the most western point of the Alentejo and an ideal spot for birdwatcher and landscape lovers.
During my visit many people came here to see and photograph the storcs breading in the high coast of the Cabo Sardão. One man told me here that it is extremely rare that storcs are breading in such a place. But not only storcs were nesting here, also a pair of hawks took advantage of the steep coast. It was fantastic to see all this with so many others.
After seeing the birds I also enjoyed to have a look at the very impressive coast, which drops down here pretty deep. The cliffs have an interesting rock structure as you can see the layers being folded.
The closeby lighthouse Farol do Cabo Sardão was built in 1914 and has a hight of 17 meters. With the hight of the coast it makes a total of 67 meters above sealevel, which helps to reach as far as 23 seamiles onto the Atlantic.
- Pros:Beautiful nature and so much to discover
Fresh air, a fantastic view along the rocky coast and almost noone around, this is how I experienced the coast at Cabo... more travel advice
If you are lucky you might see hawks nesting in the rocks high above the sea at the Cabo Sardão. It is fantastic to see... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Cavaleiro Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cavaleiro
- 4 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cavaleiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cavaleiro
Photos in CavaleiroSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues