"Comporta and a special ecosystem" Comporta by gubbi1
Comporta Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
Located that the beginning of the peninsulae of Troia anyone heading for the white beaches of Troia has to pass this calm town. I came here on the day inbetween the two nights that I stayed in Alcacer do Sal. My first stop was at the river delta of the Sado which is an interesting ecosystem. Not just many birds find their home here, but also extremely rare river dolphins.
I came here to find ahuge area without water, the tides empty the flat delta, so that regularly only mud is visible.
The intro photo was taken here...
Continueing my drive I came into the town of Comporta. Here the composition of many white storks nesting on the blue white colored houses made a photo stop unavoidable. Comporta is a very small and calm town but beautiful.
- Pros:Nice town and important ecosystem
The delta of the river Sado is a very unique eco system. Here one of the very few populations worldwide of river dolfins... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Comporta Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Comporta
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Comporta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comporta
Photos in ComportaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues