"Cottage Weekend at Hyrynsalmi" Hyrynsalmi by gubbi1
Hyrynsalmi Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 17 photos
Keeping in touch with my former colleagues in Finland is important to me so there was no question that I tried to come over again for the spring cottage weekend of the department. The trip mostly goes to different cottages of the finnish forest administration, which rents them out. These cottages are available for everybody.
So I flew over to Oulu via Helsinki. After packing all the essential things needed for a group of 18 people, we started our trip to Hyrynsalmi.
The cottage is located at a pretty big lake (compared to the places that I have been to before) which was still entirely frozen with an ice thickness of around 80 cm. Perfect condition for ice fishing. Unfortunately it was raining some times and temperatures were quite high, so snow was melting. But of course there was a sauna to keep the body in right condition.
All in all a great relaxing weekend in the Finnish nature.
- Pros:Nice nature, nice cottage!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Hyrynsalmi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Hyrynsalmi
- Hotels in Hyrynsalmi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hyrynsalmi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hyrynsalmi
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Hyrynsalmi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hyrynsalmi
Photos in HyrynsalmiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues