"Kerimäki - The largest wooden church" Kerimäki by gubbi1
Kerimäki Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 22 photos
After staying in Finland for quite some time now, I have to say that I like these wooden churches very much. They look pretty simple but spread a nice and calm atmosphere. So I took the chance on my roadtrip to see the worlds largest wooden church in Kerimäki.
When arriving at the parking you will look up a small hill on which this huge building sits like on a throne. Beside you will find the bell tower standing seperate like at most of the churches here.
You can enter both. The church is for free, to climb up the tower you need to pay a small fee. But the view is worth the climb up the very steep stairs.
This is the bell tower standing beside the church.
The view from the bell tower reaches far over the Finnish lake landscape.
- Pros:Nice and very large church
Written May 9, 2016
Inside the church
Written May 9, 2016
Climbing the Church Tower
gubbi1's Related Pages
Kerimäki Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kerimäki
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Kerimäki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerimäki
Photos in KerimäkiSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues