"Kokkola - a perl in wood" Kokkola by gubbi1
Kokkola Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 29 photos
On my drive back from Vaasa I definitely had to stop in Kokkola. It is very famous for its old town. There are many colorful wooden houses. The town is pretty lively and I had a nice time to walk around. I also had a short stop at the tourist office, where I had a nice talk to one of the employers there. He helped me to pick some flyers about different areas of Finland. Of course you also get a city map of Kokkola here.
I recommend you to have a look at the street signs when walking in the old town, they sometimes tell interesting stories. Or would you gess the road at the channel in middle of downtown was once the beach path... well the rising of the Finnish ground does its best to provide new land... ;)
- Pros:Beautiful old town, lively city
- In a nutshell:Highly recommendable
Written May 5, 2008
Kokkola - the old town
Written May 5, 2008
Misc sites in Kokkola
gubbi1's Related Pages
Kokkola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kokkola - on the Muddy banks of Bothnia Gulf"
- "My hometown"
- "Kokkola - a perl in wood"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kokkola
- 0 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kokkola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kokkola
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues