"Repovesi National Park - Kettunkierros" Kouvola by gubbi1
Kouvola Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 85 photos
One of the parks that I intensely checked out was the Repovesi National Park. On the official webpage I came across a downloadable pdf showing the Kettunkierros (Fox-Trail), which is a marked circular hiking trail in the park. A famous part is the free swinging bridge. Somehow I think I saw the inauguration of it on TV during my year in Oulu. That time I saw the bridge in the news and wondered where this would be and that it looks really nice. So my plan set to pass by the Repovesi National Park, which I have to say was a perfect decision!
The 15 square kilometer large park combines lakes, forests and rocky landscapes at its best. In Finnish it is called 'Repoveden Kansallispuisto', which looks a little different due to the cases that this language has (National Park of Repovesi). I recommend the Kettunkierros, even though there are plenty of other possible hiking trails, which can be combined to trips of several days. On the Kettunkierros you will have something of all the characteristics of this region. The trail has a length of 5 interesting kilometers, leading over the beautiful bridge aswell as a small rope-pulled ferry which you will need to get going by hand. Inbetween you will pass excellent picnic- and bbq-places in beautiful locations.
Maybe just follow me in the travelogue on a hike along the Kettunkierros through the Repovesi National Park.
This is a screen shot of the Kettunkierros. I had a printout with me, but the park is so well organized that you will not need this. There are plenty of signs and also this drawing can be found at different places so that orientation can't be lost. Have a look at it, there are already several interesting spots marked along the orange marked trail. We will start at the parking in the west and head northwards to make the round clockwise.
Main intro to Repovesi giving access to all necessary information.
Direct link to Kettunkierros-pdf from official page.
This photo was shot in the northern part of the trail, after climbing up plenty of stairs bringing you from the lake to this place.
To get to my travelogues, check below or directly jump to the first by clicking ---> here. At the last photo of each travelogue you will find a link to the next.
- Pros:Beautiful National Park, Excellent infrastructure!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Kouvola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Kouvola!"
- "So close yet so far"
- "Kouvola - the mysterious city"
- "Onward into the chill..."
- "Travelling to Suomi with the band"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kouvola
- Hotels in Kouvola
- Transportation in Kouvola
- Nightlife in Kouvola
- Restaurants in Kouvola
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kouvola
- 0 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kouvola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kouvola
Photos in KouvolaSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues