"Valkmusa National Park" Pyhtää by gubbi1
Pyhtää Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 11 photos
If you are driving eastwards from Helsinki you might pass the town of Kotka. From there it is not far to a beautiful National Park, which offers a nice small hike on duckboards through a huge swamp area. Visiting many Finnish National Parks, I would define this park as quite representative for the beautiful mire landscapes in Finland.
Nice is that along the duckboards a bird tower is located on which you will have great views over the National Park with the largest mires of Southern Finland.
This park was the first in a row of parks that I visited. I found information about it on the parks official page --->here.
This is the watch tower for watching birds and of course to get an overview of this beautiful and interesting landscape. In case you have some picnic stuff with you, then this place ia also the place to be. Just beside the stairs to the watch tower you will a table with benches for picnic. There is no fireplace here.
As you can see this is a real swamp and doing shortcuts of the duckboard trail is not recommended, and to preserve the nature for the next to come this is certainly nothing you would do.
- Pros:beautiful mire landscape, easy to be reached.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Pyhtää
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Pyhtää?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pyhtää
Photos in PyhtääSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues