"Ranua - The zoo for northern animals" Ranua by gubbi1
Ranua Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 14 photos
Well, this day has been a very 'successful' day for me. First of all I didn't plan to visit Ranua, but wanted to hike in a National Park, which seems to be tricky in winter, cause there are no hiking trails prepared. Then I reaaranged my plans for Ranuas zoo, which is a nice place, but there my telelense of my photo broke. Probably it is my first victim of the Finnish cold. At now at the end I realized at home that I fogot to put my memorystick into my camera, which does not really warn me, but doing noises as everything is fine. The only lucky aspect is that I changed to my other camera to make some short films of the feeding. Then I stayed with this camera, so I have at least some photos to show you... :) Well, so the glass is not almost empty, but instead there is a rest inside...
I am sure to be back in spring or summer, when the animals change their color for summer.
NO!!! There are no polar bears in Finnish nature, not in Sweden and also not on Norways continental landmass (but on Norways Svalbard or Spitsbergen as it is called in English). So in case you meet one somewhere in the woods in Finland, you should call the zoo... if it is not too late ;)
This is the entrance to Rauna zoo.
- Pros:Good variety of local animals
- Cons:Very slippery paths
- In a nutshell:Nice zoo!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Ranua Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ranua
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Ranua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ranua
Photos in RanuaSee All Photos (14)
Videos in RanuaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues