"Ranua - The zoo for northern animals" Ranua by gubbi1

Ranua Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 14 photos

Well, this day has been a very 'successful' day for me. First of all I didn't plan to visit Ranua, but wanted to hike in a National Park, which seems to be tricky in winter, cause there are no hiking trails prepared. Then I reaaranged my plans for Ranuas zoo, which is a nice place, but there my telelense of my photo broke. Probably it is my first victim of the Finnish cold. At now at the end I realized at home that I fogot to put my memorystick into my camera, which does not really warn me, but doing noises as everything is fine. The only lucky aspect is that I changed to my other camera to make some short films of the feeding. Then I stayed with this camera, so I have at least some photos to show you... :) Well, so the glass is not almost empty, but instead there is a rest inside...
I am sure to be back in spring or summer, when the animals change their color for summer.

NO!!! There are no polar bears in Finnish nature, not in Sweden and also not on Norways continental landmass (but on Norways Svalbard or Spitsbergen as it is called in English). So in case you meet one somewhere in the woods in Finland, you should call the zoo... if it is not too late ;)

This is the entrance to Rauna zoo.

• Pros:Good variety of local animals
  • Cons:Very slippery paths
  • In a nutshell:Nice zoo!
  • Last visit to Ranua: Mar 2008
  • Intro Written Mar 22, 2008

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Ranua