"Welcome to Tiilikkajärvi National Park" Rautavaara by gubbi1

Rautavaara Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 43 photos

My stay in Tiilikkajärvi National Park allowed me a very nice hike towards lake Tiilikka through the beautiful nature of the eastern Finland. I came here without any planning, but with the knowledge that all the parks in Finland allow great hikes. After parking I checked the map that hangs out at the parks entrance and chose my hike for that day. I kept it open to add an additional loop of three kilometers once reaching Tiilikkajärvi, but again the beautiful weather and the nature made my decision fall pretty fast. It was clear I would do the extended hike.
Hiking here will lead you on a small trail through the forest with short views on the small lakes that connect to Tillikkajärvi. Later you will have the chance to continue to the small peninnsula reaching into the lake (which I didn't) or keep right over a bridge from where you can make the extended hike to a former farm. This farm yard has been preserved and one hut is now used as a dayhut where you can rest, eat and find information. From here duckboards go through wetlands and in a loop bring you back to the bridge. The way back to the parking follows the small lakes again, but on the opposite side. Except some mooseflies, which you will nowadays find almost in the entire south and middle of Finland, the hike was amazing.

Above on the photo you can see the abandoned farm yard. I liked the colors of the trees which indicated the upcoming autumn.

Have a look on the map. I marked the hiking path in the bright red. The small red arrows give the direction.

If you like, please follow my travelogues...

• Pros:Beautiful and some history...
  • Last visit to Rautavaara: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2011

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Rautavaara

Have you been to Rautavaara?

Latest Activity in Rautavaara