"Grave Hills at Viitan Kruunu" Salo by gubbi1
Salo Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Driving southwards towards the coast I suddenly passed a small sign pointing to a tourist site. I had no idea, but time, so I stopped there to have a look. At the tiny parking with space for two cars one was already there, but the people were just picking mushrooms and berries. I found an arrow with the typical emblem for tourism sites and followed this into the forest. Few more signs showed up and I arrived at an information board, unfortunately only in Finnish, but with the drawings I could get the idea that in this area grave hills from the bronze age could be found. At first I now got lost a little, but soon got on the right track again. Now on top of a small hill a huge grave appeared. It consists of these small rocks like the large graves at the world heritage site close to Rauma.
A visit to this site does not take long, so in case you are around the area, you can come here to have a look.
This is the trail to the grave, it is not very long. Maybe 400 meters.
Once you reach the grave, you can look down onto the bay that stretches to Salo.
- Pros:Unexpected archeological site.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Salo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Salo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salo
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues