"Tornio church - a world heritage" Tornio by gubbi1
Tornio Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 19 photos
One of the few Finnish sites on the list of UNESCOs world heritages is the church in Tornio.
It is part of the Geodetic Arc of Struwe who built up a network of points between the Black Sea and the Arctic Ocean. This arc is the only measurement device listed as world heritage. The actual point used for the measurement is located in the tower of the church.
Another place in Finland which you can visit and which is part of this arc, is the mountain Aavasaksa. I have been there before on my trip to the Lofoten. Check my page about it for more details on the Struwe Geodetic Arc.
And during my last roadtrip through Southern Finland I found a mountain near Korpilahti to carry a point of the Struve Arc. Check it out...
- Pros:A world heritage site!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Tornio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tornio church - a world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tornio
- Hotels in Tornio
- Nightlife in Tornio
- Shopping in Tornio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tornio
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Tornio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tornio
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues