"Ballstad - A splendid hike" Ballstad by gubbi1
Ballstad Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 69 photos
The town of Ballstad on the southern side of the Lofoten offers a really nice hiking option. During my holidays I actually came twice to this town. The first time it was raining heavily and leaving the car was no option. So I forgot about Ballstad. Coming back from A I had two more days in Stamsund and remembered to visit Ballstad again. It was a very good idea as I now have to say that this hike here was one of the very scenic I did during my holidays.
Ballstad itself is a real harbour town. Very visible in town is the ship yard building, but with nice colored outside walls it does not make the town ugly.
Check the weather forecast here!
For detailed infos about the hike, check the sportstravel tip.
The view over the southern opening of the Nappstraumen. On the very left you can see the small islands like Roest making up the end of the Lofoten chain. If you are standing there you can also see the antenna of Soervagan.
The ship yard. If I understood correctly, it is possible to visit it, but I didn't proof it. I only came to Ballstad to hike.
- Pros:Very beautiful landscape and hike
- Cons:Weather can change during the day
In case you have a tight schedule, many people just come for a few days to Lofoten and head further, you can just park... more travel advice
Keep your eyes open when hiking or just having a look at the surroundings of Ballstad. There is always a chance to see a... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Ballstad Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ballstad
- 4 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ballstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ballstad
Photos in BallstadSee All Photos (69)
Videos in BallstadSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues